This newly created position is a Family Ministries Coordinator (FMC) for Covenant-First Presbyterian Church (CFPC)
Average 25 hours per week at $20.00 per hour. Sunday hours required. Additional compensation possible for special projects.
Fully incorporating the children, youth and families into the life of the church is a vitally important facet of what we do. We need a champion for family ministry, who will cultivate relationships of caring and trust for our children and know and shepherd our families. This person will know the activities, interest, events and challenges that are happening in our families’ lives. This person will actively engage our congregation to be involved and connected to our children and families. This person will speak to the whole congregation and work with and be supported by the whole complement of ministries/elders. This position is for a master organizer for getting people involved in the lift of the congregation.
· Build relationships with and among children, youth and families
· Be the “go to” person for children, youth, their families and volunteers.
The FMC reports directly to the Head of Staff (Pastor Russell Smith), and will work closely with relevant CFPC staff, Elders and Deacons. Resources from the Presbytery of Cincinnati and associated churches will be made available. The position is a part time position (25 hours per week), with required Sunday hours. Additional compensated time for mission trips and service opportunities may also be included as approved by the Personnel Committee.
An effective FMC will develop and nurture a ministry for all types of families, striving to guide, nurture, and support all CFPC families as they grow as Christian disciples. The FMC must pay attention to family circumstance, understand the home as a setting for spiritual formation, and provide relevant and intentional ministry and service opportunities for all families both in the church and in the community. All ministries must provide opportunities for faith formation, service, and witness. The FMC will work to provide family members of all ages opportunities to grow in their relationship with God and respond to that relationship faithfully in the church and the world. Metrics will be developed by the Session.
Responsibilities of the Position
The FMC will:
1. maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and will work with other teachers and leaders to do the same
2. be familiar with the congregation’s overall goals and how they are achieved through the congregation’s ministry with families
3. be an advocate for all kinds of families, educating the congregation and community about the forms of family life in the twenty-first century, and encouraging families with resources for Christian living
4. engage and work with others to plan and carry out ministry with families in a varied and wide-ranging program that includes worship, study, fellowship, and service opportunities
5. agree with and adhere to the essential tenets of the Reformed faith, the mission statement of CFPC
6. know essential history, doctrine and theology of CFPC
7. work with the Study Committee to plan and implement family study classes and/or material for home study
8. work with volunteers and Genita Heidenreich, Chairperson of the Children’s Ministry to understand and coordinate Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Vacation Bible School
9. work with relevant Elders to implement Confirmation Class using existing material.
10. work with Session and Presbytery resources to evaluate current mission and study opportunities (Montreat youth summer experiences, helping at mission work locally and with eventual trips)
11. create, promote and provide resources for family worship and inclusion in corporate worship
12. create teaching opportunities on the elements of traditional worship
13. work with families and staff to create special events in corporate worship, including Christmas/Easter presentation, events and speakers, family/youth led worship
14. work with families and Pastor to schedule pre-baptism instruction.
15. work with the pastor to transition children from Children’s Church to full participants in the worship service
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Skills and aptitude working with youth
· Excellent interpersonal relationships ability
· Prior family/ministry experience preferred
· Successful completion of background check and drug test
· Faith and Spirituality: Actively engaged in seeking a deeper relationship with God
· Fun, faith-filled person to build family and youth ministry, elementary, middle and high school youth group.
· Creative, enthusiastic and self-motivated
· Ability and desire to nurture faith by building relationships with each other as we grow closer to God.
· Ability and desire to share and celebrate God’s love through fellowship, service and worship.